EPCOT (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) is the second largest park in Walt Disney World. It is divided into two main sections – Future World, located near the front of the park, and World Showcase, near the middle/back of the park. Currently, there are two entrances to World Showcase, one at the front of the park through Future World and the other through the International Gateway (which connects to Disney’s Boardwalk area) near the France Pavilion.
World Showcase has eleven country pavilions which are laid out in a circle pattern. The countries around the lagoon traveling clockwise (facing World Showcase from Future World) are Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, America (The American Adventure), Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. World Showcase also features a nightly fireworks show – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
The first thing you will see as you enter EPCOT is Spaceship Earth, which is the giant ball that can be seen towering above the rest of the park. Many people do not realize that Spaceship Earth is actually a ride, and it marks the entrance to Future World. There is a large selection of attractions and restaurants in Future World which are located around a central area in a circle.
Entertainment options in Future World are the JAMMitors at Future World East, The SpectacuLAB, Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival, various animal viewing areas inside of SeaBase, and Turtle Talk with Crush interactive show. Their are also a few unique Character Meet and Greets located near the entrance of EPCOT and inside Future World. Currently, you can meet these characters in this area:
- Meet Baymax at Hiro’s Workshop
- Meet Joy and Sadness at Headquarters
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot (Currently – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Goofy)
- Meet Pluto at Legacy Plaza West
Interactive Play Areas include Advanced Training Lab, Bruce’s Shark World, ImageWorks – The “What If” Labs, Innoventions, and Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future.
Also located here is the sign up area of the Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure scavenger hunt that takes place in the World Showcase.
There are several rides in Future World, which are:
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land (which is more of a ride-through tour of the Disney gardens and green house areas)
- Mission: SPACE
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Test Track
Quick Service and Table Service options currently available in Future World include:
- Coral Reef Restaurant (Table Service)
- Electric Umbrella (Quick Service)
- Fountain View (Quick Service)
- Garden Grill Restaurant (Table Service – Character Dining)
- The Land Cart (Quick Service)
- Sunshine Seasons (Quick Service)
- Taste Track (Quick Service)
- Test Track Cool Wash (Quick Service)
The current shops in Future World are:
- Art of Disney
- Camera Center – Future World
- Club Cool
- Gateway Gifts
- Mission: SPACE Cargo Bay
- Mouse Gear
- Pin Central – Future World
- SeaBase Gift Shop
- Test Track SIMporium
EPCOT’s World Showcase features eleven country pavilions around a large lagoon.
The Mexico Pavilion has one ride – Gran Fiesta Tour Featuring the Three Caballeros – and one museum/art area, which is the Mexico Folk Art Gallery. For entertainment, the Mariachi Cobre plays several times daily.
The food and beverage options in Mexico are:
- Choza de Margarita (Quick Service)
- La Cantina de San Angel (Quick Service)
- La Cava de Tequila (Quick Service)
- La Hacienda de San Angel (Table Service)
- San Angel Inn Restaurante (Table Service)
Mexico is also home to a Meet and Greet with Donald Duck in his Three Caballeros outfit. Shopping areas include El Ranchito del Norte, La Princesa de Cristal – Mexico, La Tienda Encantada, Plaza de los Amigos, and Ring Carvers.
Norway is home to what is currently the only Disney movie-themed ride in World Showcase, which is Frozen Ever After (until the recently announced Pixar-themed Ratatouille ride opens in the France Pavilion). There is one museum gallery in Norway – Stave Church Gallery – which is also the location of the Norway Vikings character entertainment. Also in Norway you can Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus.
The Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Table Service character dining and the Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe Counter Service are the only two food options in Norway.
The shops in Norway are The Puffin’s Roost and Wandering Reindeer.
The China Pavilion does not currently have a ride, but it does have a couple of shows. The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats perform multiple times a day, and the Reflections of China Show is also located here. The House of the Whispering Willows is a gallery that currently features a behind-the-scenes look at Disney’s newest park – Shanghai Disney. You may also Meet Mulan in China.
There are a few dining options in China, which are:
- Joy of Tea (Counter Service)
- Lotus Blossom Cafe (Counter Service)
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (Table Service)
China has two shops – Good Fortune Gifts and House of Good Fortune.
The Germany Pavilion does not currently have any rides or entertainment. You can also Meet Snow White in Germany.
Food and beverage options in Germany are:
- Biergarten Restaurant (Table Service)
- Sommerfest (Quick Service)
There are also a multitude of shops in Germany:
- Das Kaufhaus
- Der Teddybar
- Die Weihnachts Ecke
- Karamell-Küche (food store)
- My Heritage Books
- Stein Haus
There are no rides located in Italy, but there is one show, which is a performance by mime and juggler Sergio.
The dining options in Italy are:
- Gelati (Counter Service)
- Tutto Gusto Wine Sellar (Table Service)
- Tutto Italia Ristorante (Table Service)
- Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria (Table Service)
Shops in Italy are:
- Il Bel Cristallo
- La Bottega Italiana
- La Gemma Elegante
The American Adventure:
No rides are found in the America Pavilion. For entertainment, the Voices of Liberty singers perform here several times a day and guests can also enjoy an Animatronic show aptly named The American Adventure. The American Heritage Gallery is also located in this area.
The American Pavilion’s options for food and drinks include:
- Block & Hans (Quick Service)
- Fife & Drum Tavern (Quick Service)
- Funnel Cake (Quick Service)
- Liberty Inn (Quick Service)
There is only one shop listed in the America Pavilion, which is Heritage Manor Gifts.
Currently, there are no rides in Japan, but their is one live drum show – Matsuriza. There is also one museum-type area in Japan called the Bijutsu-kan Gallery.
Japan’s dining options are:
- Kabuki Cafe (Quick Service)
- Katsura Grill (Quick Service)
- Teppan Edo (Table Service)
- Tokyo Dining (Table Service)
Two shops are located in Japan, which are:
- Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Mitsukoshi Kiosk
Morocco currently has no rides and no entertainment, but you can Meet Princess Jasmine in Morocco.
Morocco offers three dining options:
- Restaurant Marrakesh (Table Service)
- Spice Road Table (Table Service)
- Tangierine Cafe (Quick Service)
Several shops are located in Morocco, including:
- The Brass Bazaar
- Casablanca Carpets
- Marketplace in the Medina
- Tangier Traders
The only entertainment option in France is Serveur Amusant™, which is a group of French acrobats. You can also Meet Belle in France. There are no rides in France at the moment, but construction has begun on a Ratatouille-themed dark ride, which should open in the near feature.
France offers the most food and beverage options of all the World Showcase pavilions:
- Chefs de France (Table Service)
- Crepes des Chefs de France (Quick Service)
- L’Artisan des Glaces (Quick Service)
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (Quick Service)
- Les Vins des Chefs de France (Quick Service)
- Monsieur Paul (Table Service)
Four shops are located in France:
- La Signature
- Les Vins de France
- Plume et Palette
- Souvenirs de France
The British Revolution and the Rose and Crown Pub Musician are the entertainment options located in the UK pavilion, and you can also Meet a Wonderland Friend in the United Kingdom, which is currently Alice.
Dining options in the UK Pavilion include:
- Rose & Crown Dining Room (Table Service)
- Rose & Crown Pub (Table Service)
- UK Beer Cart (Quick Service)
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop (Quick Service)
The United Kingdom has several shops:
- The Crown & Crest
- Lords and Ladies
- Sportsman’s Shoppe
- The Tea Caddy
- The Toy Soldier
- The Queen’s Table
There is one show area in Canada which features Entertainment at Canada Mill Stage. There are no rides in Canada at this time.
Canada currently offers only one restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse (Table Service), and one popcorn cart, Popcorn in Canada (Quick Service).
Two shops are located in this pavilion, which are:
- Northwest Mercantile
- Trading Post
Outside of the permanent World Showcase pavilions, there are also a handful of shops and dining options that can be found around the World Showcase. The shops are: Port of Entry and Disney Traders located at the main entrance to World Showcase, Village Traders located in the Outpost section between China and Germany, and World Traveler located at the International Gateway entrance next to the France Pavilion. Year-round food and beverage options include Promenade Refreshments located near the main entrance of World Showcase and Refreshment Outpost located between China and Germany. At the entrance to World Showcase is also a meet and greet location, which is currently Meet Daisy near World Showcase Plaza.
For an overview of the other Disney World Parks, visit the Walt Disney World Overview page.