Today (September 20, 2018), Disney Parks Blog (Disney’s official blog) released new information on a number of new experiences coming to Walt Disney World in 2019. Some of these experiences will be for a limited time while others should stick around for a while, though there isn’t much info just yet on specific timing.
While many fans (including myself) have been saddened by recent news of Disney cutting back on some of their longtime, fan-favorite entertainment like the Citizens of Hollywood, there is now some good news from Disney and a lot of new and exciting things to look forward to in the next year.
Disney Parks Blog’s list includes 19 new and limited-time experiences coming to the four Disney Parks in Florida next year beginning in January. Most of these experiences are new, but they do include some experiences that are already present in the parks on a regular or seasonal basis, including Epcot International Festival of the Arts, Toy Story Land, and Pandora – The World of Avatar. The truly new experiences coming to Disney World in 2019 as of now are:
- Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration – Not many details have been released for this experience just yet, but Disney Parks Blog describes it as bringing “new music, dancing, and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom Park.”
- Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party – Currently known as the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party, this parade and dance party at Magic Kingdom will seemingly be re-themed into a Mickey Mouse Club related street party. It’s not clear if there will still be a parade with this party, but it does infer that Mickey, Minnie, and other characters will be a part of this experience.
- Mickey and Minnie related songs on Main Street, USA – The Dapper Dans are specifically listed as having a new song set “in honor of Mickey and Minnie”.
- The Incredibles coming to Hollywood Studios – According to Disney Parks Blog, Pixar Place will become Metroville from the movies and there will be an Incredibles theme party at the end of the street.
- Edna Mode Meet and Greet – This one is sure to be fabulous, Darling! Also in Pixar Place, “meet the one and only Edna Mode”.
- Mike and Sully Meet and Greet – Though they’ve made a few appearances in Tomorrowland dance parties and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party events, you’ll now be able to meet these two Monster’s Inc. favorites in Hollywood Studios.
- Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party – This 25th anniversary celebration should fit in perfectly at Animal Kingdom!
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – Not much is known about this “new show experience” in Hollywood Studios yet, but it’s great to finally seen the Cars franchise have a greater presence in the Florida parks.
- Cruz Ramirez Meet and Greet – Cruz is returning to Hollywood Studios! While she made a brief appearance in Disney World when Cars 3 was released, hopefully this meet and greet will be a permanent fixture in Hollywood Studios this time around.
These are the newly announced experiences that I am most looking forward to in the coming year, and I love that more Pixar characters will now be a part of Disney World. Add to this the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge sometime in the Fall and 2019 is sure to be an exciting and busy time at Walt Disney World!
To read more about the new and limited-time experiences coming to Disney World in 2019, check out Disney Parks Blog latest post.